Current Job Opening: CNC Milling Machinist
Jones Metal Products, Inc. has been providing high quality custom metal fabrications to customers since 1942. Located in Mankato, MN, we are proud to support and promote manufacturing careers in our community.
Jones Metal Products, Inc. offers competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits package, a clean working environment, and opportunity to grow within the company.
To apply for the position listed below, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax it to 507-625-4542.
3rd Shift Friday - Sunday 6:00 am - 6:00 pm
Set up, program, operate, and tend CNC milling machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively demonstrates and promotes Company values.
- Promotes a positive and professional work environment, and is willing to participate in culture building events.
- Leads by example to perform work safely, follow all safety rules, use required PPE, report all accidents and near accidents, and attend required safety training.
- Proficient in operation of manual and CNC Mills, manual and CNC lathes, hand filing and deburring.
- Understands the vertical X,Y,Z axis, both edge and centerline pick up, with vertical machine center for complex parts.
- Demonstrates ability to accurately calculate feeds and speeds for each application based on knowledge of material properties.
- Uses problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills to modify programs and make adjustments for varying cutting conditions, based on experience and knowledge of material properties.
- Observes and listens to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions and determine need for adjustment or repairs.
- Reads job specifications (e.g. blueprints, quality control plans and/or traveler notes) to set up machine, adjust machine controls and change tool settings in order to keep dimensions within specified tolerances.
- Performs in-machine inspection of parts, and examines all finished work pieces to verify conformance with specifications before passing work on to the next operation.
- Continues to actively participate in training regarding software and equipment upgrades.
- Familiar with the basic machine functions of at least one of the following: saws, shears, punch, laser, and press brakes.
- Accurately reports and records time, quantity of product produced, scrap, rework(s), quality, etc.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the Production supervisor.
- Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machines and tools.
- Provides training to coworkers in operation of CNC equipment, as needed, to ensure competent back-up operators are available.
- Maintains company quality, efficiency, and productivity standards.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Operates multiple CNC machining centers simultaneously, or may work at different work stations, as production needs require.
- Performs other related operations and duties as required or directed to meet customer needs.
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
- Skilled in holding tight geometric tolerances.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Possesses strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong computer skills as they pertain to this job including but not limited to: Microsoft Office, JobBOSS, and various systems used for equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in oral and written forms, with vendors, customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and methods, and understand how to apply them.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, work instructions, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to coordinate work with fellow workers and demonstrate teamwork.
- Ability to understand and communicate in English to the extent necessary to perform all functions of the job.
- High School degree, diploma or a GED;
- Technical degree in machining, or other related discipline;
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience as a CNC machinist;
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required.
- Frequently is required to sit, stand and walk; frequently use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop and kneel.
- Must regularly lift/push/pull up to 30 pounds, frequently lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift/push/pull up to 70 pounds.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Position requires frequent use of a computer monitor.
- Work performed in shop environment where employee may be exposed to dust, odors, fumes, heat, loud noise and other elements.
- Use of proper protective equipment as required or recommended in shop area and for work performed: eye protection, hearing protection, safety footwear.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The job description is subject to change as the needs of JMP and the requirements of the job change.