Current Job Opening: Machine Operator
Jones Metal Products, Inc. has been providing high quality custom metal fabrications to customers since 1942. Located in Mankato, MN, we are proud to support and promote manufacturing careers in our community.
Jones Metal Products, Inc. offers competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits package, a clean working environment, and opportunity to grow within the company.
To apply for the position listed below, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax it to 507-625-4542.
Set up, operate, or tend machines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively demonstrates and promotes Company values.
- Promotes a positive and professional work environment, and is willing to participate in culture building events.
- Performs work safely, follows all safety rules, uses required PPE, reports all accidents and near accidents, and attends required safety training.
- Performs typical machine operations to support the production floor.
- Familiar with the basic machine functions of at least one of the following: saws, shears, punch, laser, and press brakes.
- Operates machine(s) safely, efficiently, and within production standards.
- Reads job specifications (e.g. blueprints, quality control plans and/or traveler notes) to determine machine set up and adjustments and material requirements.
- Sets up machine(s), adjusts machine controls and changes tool settings in order to keep dimensions within specified tolerances.
- Observes machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction.
- Examines finished work pieces to verify conformance with specifications according to operator inspection sheet, quality control plans and/or traveler notes, using instruments such as gauges.
- Accurately reports and records time, quantity of product produced, scrap, rework(s), quality, etc.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the Production supervisor.
- Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machines and tools.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Maintain company quality, efficiency, and productivity standards.
- Perform other related operations and duties as required or directed to meet customer needs.
- May work at different workstations as production needs require.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Twelve months related experience and/or training;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Knowledge of production processes.
- Knowledge of equipment, machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic math skills.
- Ability to perform set-ups on machines and tools.
- Ability to use hand held measuring tools.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Possesses strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to perform computer functions as they pertain to this job including but not limited to: Microsoft Office, JobBOSS, and various systems used for equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in oral and written forms, with vendors, customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and methods, and understand how to apply them.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, work instructions, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to coordinate work with fellow workers and demonstrate teamwork.
- Ability to understand and communicate in English to the extent necessary to perform all functions of the job.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required.
- Frequently is required to sit, stand and walk; frequently use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop and kneel.
- Must regularly lift/push/pull up to 30 pounds, frequently lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift/push/pull up to 70 pounds.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Position requires frequent use of a computer monitor.
- Work performed in shop environment where employee may be exposed to dust, odors, fumes, heat, loud noise and other elements.
- Use of proper protective equipment as required or recommended in shop area and for work performed: eye protection, hearing protection, safety footwear.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The job description is subject to change as the needs of JMP and the requirements of the job change.